Sunday, June 5, 2005

Email Update to Friends

6-5-05 (email to friends)…
I just wanted to write to thank you all for praying for David and I on our vacation. We returned safely on Saturday night and were able to find some peace and happiness while away. We were with wonderful people who got a kick out of spoiling us and ministering to us in whatever way possible. I am certain that your prayers played a big part in allowing us to enjoy our time away.

This is going to be a difficult week for a few reasons and it would be great if you would continue to pray for us. First, I am starting back to my regular work week today. I pray that my personal situation does not hinder my ability to best serve my clients. Second, Wednesday we have another ultrasound appointment. During this appointment, we will begin consultations with a neonatalogist to discuss the level of care and heroic measures for Zoe if she does survive through delivery. We are having to ponder questions that I would have never imagined. Pray that we will have clarity and that the physician will be knowledgeable and compassionate. Third, Thursday we will be meeting with a genetic counselor at the IU Med center to further discuss the genetics of the Trisomy 13 and how it is passed on to our offspring in relation to our own genetic makeup.

Thank you again for your prayers now and in the future. David, Zoe and I need every single one of them. I am certain that Zoe is a fighter and am grateful for that. Most children with Trisomy 13 die before the parent even knows they are pregnant. Zoe is very active. I feel her moving constantly. She is moving as I write this email. I am grateful for every movement I experience. Each night, David and I thank God for another day with our little Zoe.

Thank you again,
Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment