Thursday, June 23, 2005

Nine Months (6-22-05)…

When David and I originally started trying to get pregnant (over two years ago), David impulsively wanted to buy the movie “Nine Months”. I remember that we were walking through Walmart and he began perusing the discount video display. He pulled out “Nine Months” and said, “Honey, we have to get this.” Neither of us had even heard of the movie but we decided to purchase it with the intent of watching it as soon as we found out we were pregnant. We never realized that we would have to wait so long.

In January, after discovering that I was pregnant, David and I were happy that we would finally get to watch “Nine Months”. For some reason, we did not get around to watching it for the first few months.

Unfortunately, we found out that Zoe has Trisomy 13 before having the opportunity to watch “Nine Months”. At that point, we thought we would never want to watch the movie. “Nine Months” was supposed to be a celebration and we didn’t quite feel like celebrating Zoe’s disorder. However, after today’s appointment, David and I were both feeling pretty good about Zoe’s progress. After returning from work, David asked if I would be okay with us watching “Nine Months” tonight. I thought that it was a good idea and so we did. David laughed a lot and thought that he could relate to Hugh Grant’s character of not being ready to be a father. David would say that was him for the first 5 years of marriage. I thought the movie was okay but most of all was happy that we had finally gotten to watch the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment