Tuesday, June 21, 2005

The Living Room (6-21-05)…

Our service tonight was “Ministry to Jesus” again, which is a time of worshipping God individually in a group setting. I was feeling slightly less vulnerable and thought that I might get through the evening being a little less emotional. I spent the majority of the evening reading the psalms in front of the altar that we had created with a big wooden cross, some tables and a bunch of white tea light candles. At one point, I just sat there staring at the cross which was slightly lit by the candles. My mind flashed to the story of Abraham who was asked by God to bring his long awaited son Isaac to be sacrificed. At that moment I felt like I was both Abraham and Isaac laying myself before the altar wondering what God would do next…

No comments:

Post a Comment