Tuesday, June 28, 2005

The Living Room (6-28-05)…

Jeff and Sarah showed up at the Living Room tonight. They were supposed to be playing at a show but at the last minute were able to join us. It was great to see them and I was able to express to Sarah how nice it was for her to offer to help with the shower. I know that Sarah is holding out hope that God will heal Zoe and that she will be okay.

I sat with Jeff and Sarah during the service which made me feel a little more comfortable. After the service, I thought that I would try and leave right away because I had some things to get done at home. However, when I was getting ready to leave, a couple of girls came up and told me that they think about me all the time and pray for us. They had never said anything to this point and I was beginning to feel more and more strange around them, wondering if they even cared. Since they opened the door, I decided to tell them about new things we had found out about Zoe and asked that they pray for her heart. As I was talking, two other girls stepped closer and listened in on the conversation. I know that it was uncomfortable to finally say something, but it really felt nice to know that they have been thinking about us. I left the Living Room feeling pretty decent.

No comments:

Post a Comment