Monday, June 13, 2005

People are Praying

2 Thessalonians 1:6-7 (June 13, 2005)…
I spent some time reading scripture today, which is definitely something that has been fairly difficult for me over the past month. I took some comfort in 2 Thessalonians 1:6-7 which states: “God is just: He will pay back trouble to those who trouble you and give relief to you who are troubled, and to us as well. This will happen when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven in blazing fire with his powerful angels.” God sees my turmoil and He will bring relief from that trouble. The verse does not say that the relief will come during my earthly life, yet I do find myself hoping that the relief will come soon.

People are praying (June 13, 2005)…
I saw two clients at work today that I have not seen since returning from vacation and hence I have not seen them since receiving the news on Zoe. The first client asked how I was doing and I answered with my standard response which is “I am physically okay but my baby is really sick.” She told me that when she received the cancellation call from my office, she called her pastor to ask if the church could pray for her counselor, Christina, who is having complications with her pregnancy. Her pastor told her that he had already received a call about me and that they were already praying for us.

The second client also asked how I was doing and I also told her the standard. Because she asked a few specific questions, I decided to give her a little more information on Zoe’s condition. At the end of the session, the client asked if I was a part of Jennifer Stanley’s small group. I told her “yes” and she said that she and a group of ladies have been praying for me every week. It is comforting to know that so many people throughout the community are praying for us and for our little Zoe.

No comments:

Post a Comment