Tuesday, June 28, 2005

A really nice gesture (6-28-05)…

For some reason, last night was emotional and I woke up feeling slightly vulnerable this morning. I knew that today was going to be a fairly busy day so I needed to get into work a little early. I arrived at the Trustee’s office at about 8:45. When I opened the door to my office, there was a big basket of gifts sitting on my desk. The office had put together a care package for David and I just to let us know that we are special and that they are thinking of us. I looked around and there was another large gift bag and a beautiful rose bush …all for David and I. I started to cry when I saw everything because it meant so much. This was the same office were most didn’t even know why I had been gone for a week when David’s mom died and now they are doing something so special like this. I wanted to tell everyone thanks but decided to send out an email because I thought I might be too emotional.

I only opened a couple of gifts when I initially saw the packages. I thought that it might be nice to open them sporadically throughout the next several days. I opened up two gift certificates…one for $50 to Here We Grow Again and one for $30 to Chili’s for David. How incredibly generous and thoughtful! I called David right away to tell him what the office had done. I felt really special and cared for. It also meant a lot to David that they had put so much effort into making me feel important.

No comments:

Post a Comment