Wednesday, June 15, 2005

A strange interaction (6-15-05)…

A lady came into my office today and said that she had heard that I was having difficulty with my pregnancy. She asked what was wrong and asked about some specifics of Zoe’s disorder. She seemed to be feeling compassion for what was happening in my life but then proceeded to tell me about how she had had a miscarriage and how difficult it was to know that she wasn’t going to be able to keep her baby. After saying that and not getting much of a response from me, she proceeded to pull out pictures of her new granddaughter that her teenage daughter had recently delivered. I looked at the pictures but couldn’t help but think, “what in the world!” Though it feels cynical, first I can’t help but think that what I am going through is so much different than a miscarriage. Secondly, did she really just show me pictures of her teenage daughter’s new baby?

No comments:

Post a Comment