Sunday, July 31, 2005

Thank You...

Writing Thank You’s (7-31-05)…
I decided that I would tackle some projects while David was gone to help the time pass more quickly. My goal was to write the thank you’s for the baby shower within the first couple of days. I decided to write a group portion of the thank you’s in addition to a personalized note and included a wallet sized group photo taken at the end of the shower. This is what the group portion said…

7-31-05
Hello Everyone-
There are some things that I wanted to say to all of you and instead of writing it over and over, I decided to type a portion of my thank you’s so that I was certain to say these important things to each and every one of you.

The shower was absolutely amazing yesterday. It was so incredibly special to me (and to David) to have so many people there supporting us. We have waited a really long time to have a baby and to have a day celebrating that event meant so much. Above all, to have all of you there in the midst of the uncertainty of Zoe’s development really demonstrated your love for us and the fact that you are praying for and routing for our little girl. That is so meaningful to me and to David and I am indescribably grateful for that support.

This morning before church, I sat down to look through the prayers and messages that you had written to Little Zoe. Wow! Yes, I cried…but they were not tears of sadness, they were tears of gratefulness and awe that our little girl is loved so much and lifted up to the Father by so many people. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. You each hold a special place in my heart and Zoe will know of your prayers and messages to her. Because it is sometimes difficult to know what to pray for Zoe, I intend to echo your prayers as I pray and as I speak to her. Thank you all for your sincerity, your generosity, and your compassion over our lives.

Forever Grateful,
Christina, David and Zoe

No comments:

Post a Comment