Saturday, July 23, 2005

A day at the lake (7-23-05)…

David and I took a group of 25 young adults from the church to Grandpa Smith’s lake cottage. I have been trying to be more social lately so I had previously determined that I would make the trip even if I didn’t totally feel like it. I think making that decision beforehand made it easier to stick to the decision.

It was so hot all day. I don’t think I ever stopped sweating. It seems that pregnancy has really lowered my heat tolerance especially in my face…with this tremendous heat, I feel so overheated. I sat around most of the day reading, talking with the others, and watching others play volleyball and ski. I would typically be playing volleyball as much as possible but I just didn’t feel like it was a good idea with the heat index being so high. After supper I finally felt it had cooled down just enough to take a walk. Jami, Brittany, and Karen decided to walk with me. We had a nice chat. Karen and Jami are really good about asking questions about Zoe and the pregnancy and though it is difficult for Brittany to ask questions, I know that she is very concerned and interested in my life. I really appreciate when people try and take interest in the difficulties I am currently facing. It makes me feel slightly more normal than I have been feeling lately.

Grandpa Smith was so cute all day. I think that he hugged and kissed me and asked how I was doing 5 or 6 times. It is obvious that he is concerned about me and David and wants to know how we are doing with the difficult pregnancy. Grandpa Smith lost a child a few months after he was born and it is apparent that he has greater understanding than a lot of people even if he doesn’t talk about it much. He just lets it be known through the hugs and kisses he offers. It was very sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment