Monday, July 4, 2005

The Fourth of July (7-4-05)…

David and I got up early intending to drive to Ohio to meet up with my family for the Van Wert July 4th Parade. We decided to forego the parade and just catch up with them for the cookout at noon and the rest of the daily festivities. Before we left, I rode my bicycle while David ran four miles. I really enjoy being with him on his runs and he appreciates the company and encouragement I provide. However, I am not sure how much longer I will feel comfortable on a bike. But for now, it is just slightly uncomfortable.
David and I quickly got ready after his run and took off for Ohio. My parents and the rest of my extended family were having a cookout at Uncle Kerry and Aunt Liz’s house. I think that they are always glad to have David and I show up at the family gatherings since it is usually questionable with our schedules and the distance we have to drive.
We had a nice time with our family. After lunch, we played a big game of whiffle ball. Practically everyone played except for grandpa. It seemed that everyone was trying to be protective of me since I am the “pregnant one”. I had Kelsea run for me once I got onto base. David says that I was the best hitter on our team. I am not sure that is totally true but I must admit that I did pretty well for a 31 year old, 6 months pregnant woman.
After hanging out at Liz and Kerry’s house for most of the day, David and I went to my parents’ house. Everyone else was planning to meet there at around 9:30pm to watch the fireworks from the front of mom and dad’s house. It was fun watching the fireworks, especially when it seems that it had been so long since David and I had seen a real show. Zoe was moving around a lot during the display. Maybe she was reacting to the noise…I am not quite sure. I put mom’s hand on my stomach thinking that she would be able to feel her move but it didn’t quite work. David, however, was able to feel some really strong kicks, which he thought was very cool.
It was a little more comfortable being around my family this time. A couple of people even engaged in conversations about my pregnancy, asking questions and showing concern. My parents told me that Aunt Liz had been asking about things that she could do to help out which made me feel like she really cared and made it easier to talk to her about things.

No comments:

Post a Comment