Thursday, July 21, 2005

Email Update to Friends

Email to friends (7-21-05)…

Hello friends. I hope that you are all doing well and are staying cool in this heat. I am not quite sure if the heat feels exaggerated because I am pregnant or if it is really this hot and humid.

I wanted to drop you all a quick message to let you know that our appointment (which will now be on Thursdays) went much smoother than last week’s saga. By the way, everyone was extremely apologetic for our experience. We were the first appointment of the day so we got in right away and the doctor came in just a short time after the ultrasound was started. Zoe is still doing well as far as we can tell. Her heart rate is 135bpm which is still within the average range. She is measuring about two weeks smaller than her gestational age but this is not a concern at this time. We were able to get some good 4D images from the ultrasound and we are able to tell that she is starting to put on a little bit of baby fat, though she is only weighing in at about 2lb 3 oz. She is still a mover and a shaker which at times makes it difficult to get clear images. But I am not complaining. I absolutely adore it every time I feel her move inside of me. Right now it feels as if she is doing neck rolls and I think I can actually tell that I am feeling her head from the outside of my stomach. She is still breech at this time but the doctor says that she can flip around all the way up to 36 weeks and I am currently just over 28 weeks.

The encouraging statement that sticks with David and I at this time is that Dr. Landwehr told us that he was talking with his colleagues about our situation and that none of them have every seen a baby with Trisomy 13 have a normal developing brain like Zoe seems to have. We praise God for that encouragement. Zoe continues to have some difficulties associated with her heart and we would like to ask that you continue to pray specifically for that.

The doctor does not feel that it is necessary for us to continue to see him every week so we will have an appointment in 2 weeks and then 2 weeks after that. At that time, I will be 32 weeks along and we will continue to see him every two weeks at that point...just like if we were having a normal pregnancy, which is a strange feeling for us.

Obviously, David and I are still worried about what will happen once Zoe is born. There is a lot of anxiety attached to that moment. Please pray for peace for us. You will be glad to know however, that though our lives still feel like a roller coaster at times, I no longer feel that I am riding in a submarine and fortunately we seem to have more better days than horrible days. Thank you again for your prayers now and in the future.

Thanks,
Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment