Saturday, July 30, 2005

Setting up the nursery (7-30-05)…

After returning home from the shower, we brought in the gifts and I showed a lot of them to David, Dad and Eric. Again, David was so happy to see me pampered like this. After seeing the gifts, he said that he wanted to talk to me about something. David took me back to the bedroom and said that he would like for his gift to Zoe to be her crib and he wanted to go buy it right now so that we could start setting up her nursery while everyone was still here. I thought that his gesture was so sweet and knew that he was only thinking of a way for me to feel a little more settled before he left for Mexico tomorrow.

David went to Babies R Us to buy the crib while my parents, Kelsea, Martha, and Tanya went with me to look at the rocker/glider that I picked out earlier this week when my parents offered to purchase one for us.
When we all arrived back home, David, my dad, and Josiah (kind of) quickly put the crib together. It was immediately starting to look like a nursery. The white furniture against the newly painted aqua walls gave the room a pottery barn for kids look. I absolutely loved the transformation the room was taking. My parents had to leave once the crib was put together because they needed to get Kelsea back home to my sister. However, we kept working on the nursery for a while after my parents left. Danny and David moved in the white dresser/changing table and Tanya and David arranged the furniture in the room until I was satisfied. Afterwards, we all sat on the floor attempting to put together the Diaper Genie. It took a while but we eventually succeeded. The room was quickly transitioning into a nursery. I hope Zoe loves her new room.

No comments:

Post a Comment