Sunday, July 31, 2005

Leaving for Mexico...

Getting David ready for Mexico (7-30-05)…
Everyone left at about 8:00pm and David and I had a lot to do to get the house back in order and get him ready for his mission’s trip to Mexico. (David was leading a group of young adults to Mexico to build a house for a family…he and I did this trip together last summer but after I got pregnant we realized that I would not be going this year.) I took inventory of all of the gifts and started to organize and move them into the nursery while David began to pack for his trip. At about 9:45pm, we headed to Target to purchase an air mattress and then to Walmart to purchase a tool belt for the trip.
David wanted to take something with him as a visual reminder to pray for us daily while he was in Mexico. We agreed that he should take “Zoe Bear” which is the little pink beanie baby that as good friend gave to us after finding out Zoe was sick. David finally finished packing at about 11:30 and we eventually laid down in bed. I asked David if he would read Zoe one of her new books from the shower and he gladly agreed. David read Zoe, “God Gave Us You”. It was such a perfect book for her. It talked about how much we loved her and had longed for her in our lives. It also talked about how every night, we would pray that God would make her strong and healthy. It made me cry because it was so perfect. David held me as we feel asleep that night. He was going to be leaving so early in the morning that I knew I would not be fully alert to converse with him them.

David Leaves for Mexico (7-31-05)…
4:00am came extremely early. David got ready with me barely hearing him. I think that he told me goodbye at about 4:30. I remember grabbing him tightly and not wanting to let go. I said goodbye and that I loved him and was going to miss him. David walked out the door and I was about to spend a week without him. This would be the very first time to be apart this long since we have been married. Two days has been the longest to this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment