Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Loving life...

Amidst what seems to be a time of hustle and bustle, I am so thankful that our family has found the time to relax and "just be". I love time like that. My nature tends to be more of a "hurry up and get it done" type that tries to cram in as much as possible and this isn't always so endearing. My desire, however, is that I would be a person of simplicity, who is breathing slowly and deeply enough to enjoy the small things and notice each moment as unique. I sort of think my new found love of photography (sorry for the insult that is to individuals who are actually photographers) has actually helped me slow down and recognize and attend to the moment.

I have had such a wonderful time with my family over the past week. Of course, there have been family gatherings with laughter, food and special moments, but my favorite times have been those that I have been quieted enough to notice what is before me. This year, Jonah sang in the Christmas' choir. He LOVES to sing and often he loves to sing LOUD. Not so much during the choir performance. Jonah did manage to sing but he also was very intrigued by the band (especially the drums), finding mommy and daddy, and seeing what the other kids were doing. I remember Christmases of the past where I would find myself tearing up as I watched just how adorable the children's choir was. This year, I found myself filled with overwhelming joy for that little boy. I cannot begin to express the gratitude I have that God gave me that boy. God is teaching me more and more how much He loves me through experiencing my own love for Jonah...and sometimes it really is overwhelming.

I must also say that I am thankful for the people in my life that do the things that I love to be a part of but really don't enjoy orchestrating...like Christmas cookie decorating and sledding. Sure, I can lend a hand where needed but my favorite part is sitting back and watching it all take place and seeing the joy on the faces of those involved.

1 comment: