Thursday, December 3, 2009

Whatever you do don't blink...

Some days I honestly feel that if I blink, I might just miss something...these days specifically with my boys. They are growing up so fast. Jonah is 3 and Judah is about to turn 1. We are actually celebrating his 1st birthday this weekend. Judah is walking all over the place and Jonah is becoming the sweetest ornery 3 year old I know.
I am amazed at how time passes so quickly. James 4:14 says "Your life is like the morning fog--it's here a little while, then it's gone." I think that morning fog is beautiful and mysterious. Yet, it is amazing that sometimes I miss it completely. Some days it appears and is gone before I have even taken the time to look outside of my windows. I do not want any day to be here and gone without being present in it. I want to notice life...I want to experience it fully...and that means the highs and the lows. If I were to say that I only wanted to feel the joys of life, I could name countless pains that I wouldn't trade for anything. I want to be conscious of my life and of the lives around me. I want to observe and yet I want to participate even when it hurts. I pray that my boys too will learn to live a life full of experience and that they will understand what it means to notice the morning fog.

No comments:

Post a Comment