Friday, December 11, 2009

My Baby is ONE!


Judah turned a year old today! Where does the time go. It seems like just yesterday that David and I were headed out the door bright and early for my scheduled c-section. I remember that I was so ready to meet Judah but that I was grieving for my Jonah and the change he would have to experience giving up his role as an only child and having to "split" the love and attention with his new brother.
Judah struggled during his first couple of days in the world. He had difficulty breathing due to a partially collapsed lung and he was born with a rarer form of mono that meant he not only had to be in the NICU but in isolation from the other babies. Judah had significant odds stacked against him (especially from the mono) but despite having an ear infection on his 1st birthday, he has proved to beat the odds.
Judah is my smiley baby. He has brought me so much joy. He is so cuddly and he quickly dives onto my lap any chance he gets. He is passionate as demonstrated is his beautiful happy demeanor that can quickly change into a fiery temper when he does not get what he wants. He has always been easily soothed by being held which I love to do even with the sore back that comes from holding him for long periods of time.
I truly cannot believe how quickly this past year has gone. Judah went from sleeping a couple of hours at a time to sleeping through the night, eating anything that we put in front of him, crawling, walking, and now almost running. He laughs out loud, plays peekaboo, likes to hide in drawers and pretends he is talking on mommy and daddy's cell phone. He is very entertaining. And his smile quickly reminds me that any stressful day is going to be alright.
One of my greatest joys over the past year has to be watching Jonah and Judah become buddies. Jonah is so sweet to Judah...helping him walk across the room, encouraging him when he does something new and being excited to see him when he wakes up from his naps. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE seeing them love one another and it only makes me excited for the things to come. I don't mean to sound unrealistic. I am fully aware that there will be times when they can't get away from one another fast enough. I can only pray that Jonah and Judah will be as great of friends as David and his brother are... Judah has been sick today. The sweetest moment of the day was when Jonah asked if he could lay beside Judah and so he crawled up onto my bed where Judah was sleeping and gentle put his arm around Judah telling him "it'll be okay little buddy". Ah, what more could I ask for? It makes me teary even recalling the moment.
Happy Birthday Judah. I love you so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment