Thursday, December 3, 2009

Zoe Zola

The boys and I recently made a last minute trip to Ohio to see our favorite 6 month old little girl, Zoe Zo Zo...as Martha and Jonah like to call her. Martha has also gotten used to calling her Zoe Zola which is her Kituba middle name, a language spoken by Eric when he was growing up in Congo. Because Zoe is not that typical of a name, I don't use it that often except when I am speaking about my daughter, Zoe, or Martha's daughter Zoe. Each time I see Zoe and am able to hold her and interact with her, I find it all the more honoring and precious that Eric and Martha would choose to name their daughter after my beautiful Zoe. Zoe just keeps getting sweeter and sweeter. She is such a good baby who is extremely content just lying there smiling at you. Jonah adores Zoe Beth. He loves talking to her and even gave her a couple of drum concerts. I think she was pretty enamored by Jonah as well. Judah...well...he was very interested in Zoe except for the times when he was trying to eat her nose and touch her eyeballs. Zoe was a great sport!

No comments:

Post a Comment