Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Jesus Birth (according to the Smiths)...

For several years now, on Christmas eve the Smiths have enjoyed reading the account of Jesus' birth (from Luke) and acting it out. Our cast used to consist of mostly adults and a kid or two and now the actors are primarily children. Judah has been the baby of the bunch for two Christmas' so he is a shoe in for the role of Baby Jesus. We aren't expecting any more babies soon so I am not sure how long Judah will be cast as the lead. My niece Hannah is a very nurturing Mary and is so excited to be able to play the role of a mother (which she cannot wait to be someday) and my nephew Josiah plays the role of Joseph. The three magi are played by Jonah and my nephews, Moses and Noah. David and Danny are in supporting roles and the story is narrated by my father-in-law, Al. I love traditions and this is one I hope continues for the rest of our lives!

Watch us here~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jD9xbrzL-tE

No comments:

Post a Comment