Monday, September 28, 2009

Shindeldecker Family Reunion 2009


On Saturday, September 25th the Shindeldeckers got together at Smiley Park in Van Wert. Though the day seemed to start out looking like rain, we ended up having a gorgeous day together. We took Grandpa out of the nursing home for the day and he really seemed to enjoy the time with the entire family. We even celebrated a belated birthday with him since it hasn't been easy to do that with his health. He loves DQ ice cream cakes (don't we all) and he always requests that he have one with the big red lips on it. We spent the day eating, talking, playing corn hole and ladder golf, climbing trees to get the ladder golf balls out of the trees, playing funny games compliments of my Aunt Penny, taking lots of pictures, and crying a bit. This was the first time that the entire family was together since my Aunt Connie passed away just before Christmas. I told my cousin, Mindy, that I always expect her mom to be there when we get together and that I even expect the items that she would always make (like her famous veggie pizza). I miss my Aunt Connie and I know that everyone else does as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment