Saturday, September 12, 2009

An Emotional Afternoon

Tomorrow is Zoe's birthday. She would have been 4. Earlier this year, I decided that I would blog my entire journal from my pregnancy with Zoe and the days following her birth. However, just last week, I realized that my journaling stopped the day I went into labor.

Today, Jonah took David to a friend's birthday party (ironically, this friend is 1 day older than Zoe would have been) while I stayed at home with Judah and attempted to put my thoughts from September 13-19th (the day of Zoe's funeral) into words. David and Jonah just arrived home but David said that he would take the boys downstairs to watch football while I finish my thoughts. I have spent the last few hours typing, looking at old pictures, and crying. Wow...it is amazing how raw the emotions still feel at times...I guess that is especially so when one is trying to place them self back in the moment in order to recapture the experience. I cannot remember everything that happened but I did remember a lot. I am so glad that I spent this energy of which i am now depleted to put my life with Zoe into writing. I invite you, if you would like, to revisit those memories with me. They can be found in the 2005 section under September 13th-19th.

No comments:

Post a Comment