Monday, September 21, 2009

A few days away...

David and I just returned from 5 days in Nashville, TN. Every other year, (for the past 8 years) David and I travel to Nashville for the American Association of Christian Counselors World Conference. Over 6,000 professional and church lay counselors, psychiatrists, nurses, and pastors gather together for spiritual renewal as well as training on the most important areas in our field. This is the first time that David and I both attended as therapists as last time he was still completing his MA degree. He commented that it is so cool that we are actually "doing it". We have finally gotten to that point that we have talked about for quite some time where we both get to be therapists and sometimes we even get to counsel together. This conference has always served as a reminder to dream new dreams and explore new areas or at least become better at old area.

David and I loved being away. It is so strange sleeping all night without random crying and talking. The boys were back in Muncie with my parents. Though David and I were having such a great time, I missed Jonah and Judah sooooo much. I called every chance I got to see what they were doing. Jonah was continually entertaining my parents with his drumming or off the wall comments while Judah just smiled like he usually does. Before we left Muncie, David and I joked with my parents that their goals were to get Jonah potty trained and to get Judah walking before we returned home. Jonah hasn't pooped in his diapers since we left Muncie (6 days ago) and Judah has actually stood on his own for a few seconds. Dad told me today that we will have to hire he and mom to come and complete the potty training for Jonah. HaHa probably not but wow, he is definitely making tremendous progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment