Saturday, May 2, 2009

Zoe Elizabeth Zola





So on Thursday afternoon while feeding Judah, I received a phone call from my friend Martha telling me that the doctors had decided to perform a c-section on Friday morning. I quickly started making details with my other college buddy, Tanya, to get to Springfield, Ohio as soon as possible. Tanya and I left Thursday night (with Judah) and arrived at the hospital at about 11pm. Fortunately, we were able to get into the hospital via the ER where everyone happened to be wearing face masks to protect themselves from possible swine flu contamination. I must say that was quite an odd sight and by the way, no one had the virus there. Anyhow, Martha, Judah and I visited with Martha for about an hour and headed to Tanya's parents' house for a short nights sleep.
We were back at the hospital at 7:30am to visit and pray with Eric, Martha and her mom prior to the surgery. I brought a couple of special blankets and a picture frame that I wanted to give Eric and Martha from my Zoe to theirs. They were blankets and a frame that I fully intended to use with my Zoe but was unable to. Martha and Eric were touched and very appreciative to say the least.
Martha delivered Zoe Beth at 9:26am after a fairly uneventful surgery...as uneventful as cutting open your tummy and pulling a baby out by their head can be! She has only had slight help breathing which is pretty remarkable for a 34 week baby. She is already down to 25% oxygen and is keeping her oxygen saturation level up on her own. She is really, really doing well. And she is so beautiful...teeny tiny weighing in at only 3lbs. 5 oz. and measuring 16 inches. She has the most amazing blond hair...more blond than any of us have ever seen. All of the nurses are raving about how blond she is. Martha says that she looks like a surfer dude and I would have to agree.

Zoe Beth is being well taken care in the hospital nurses. I have gotten to visit with her and talk to her a couple of times. Every report from the doctors just keeps getting more and more positive. We are so grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment