Thursday, May 28, 2009

Simple things


The boys are all sleeping. I decided to put Jonah and Judah in the same room for their afternoon nap for the first time and it is actually going quite well. The house is peaceful...all I can hear is the faint sound of the ocean from the noise machine in the nursery.

Recently, I have been thinking a lot about simplicity. I have been getting rid of some clutter which helps. I understand that simplicity is an inward characteristic as well as an outward characteristic and I am attempting to figure out more and more what that means. I have no conclusions at this time and I am not really sure that I ever will...have conclusions that is. However, I hope that I am always trying to understand it more and more because to give up on finding the meaning I think would be a shame.

I think that Jonah is demonstrating his ability to enjoy the simple things in this picture. Here he is on this rainy morning, sitting on the counter, looking out the window for trucks, eating popcorn. Pretty simple...and it may just have been the best part of the day for both of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment