Sunday, May 17, 2009

I find myself thinking...


I am guessing that most parents find themselves thinking about the future of their children. I think that the moment a woman discovers she is pregnant she begins thinking about the future of her child. On Monday, May 11th, Judah turned 5 months. Here he is in his Taylor University onesie...as cute as can be. Just the other day, David, the boys and I were taking a walk through the neighborhood (one of my absolute favorite things to do) and I was talking to Jonah and Judah about college. I suggested that one day they might attend Ball State or Taylor and then I heard myself say, "you can go anywhere as long as it is within a 20 mile radius of mommy." Oops, I guess I might be one of THOSE moms. Anyway, the whole point is, I find myself wondering what will be in store for my boys. I know that the entire world is open to their discovery and I have enjoyed watching them discover all that they have to this point.
So, it was a big week for Jonah as well. On the 15th, he turned 2 1/2. We had been referring to the 15th as "measuring day". Some time ago, our pediatrician stated that if you double a boys height when they are 2 1/2 years old, you will have their approximate adult height. Because David and I are silly, we were looking forward to May 15th to find out just how tall Jonah might be. It seems that according to this formula, he will be 6ft 1in. Regardless of the accuracy, it made be realize that one of these days, the little boy that I lug around on my hip will one day be taller than me! And if the measurement is correct, he will actually even be taller than David. Hmmm. Man, I love those boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment