Saturday, June 6, 2009

We going at the beach, Mommy?



For the past month, Jonah has been asking at least three or four times each day if "we going at the beach, mommy?" We had to stop talking about the beach for a while because he just kept asking and asking. Eventually, I began having him cross off the days on the calendar until we reached our leaving day. Today when Jonah asked "we at the beach yet, mommy", I was finally able to tell him "yes".


Jonah and Judah were absolutely amazing during the entire trip. I have to say that I think the car DVD player that we borrowed from our friends was truly a life-saver! At one point, David jokingly asked if we should be concerned about it burning Jonah's retinas! Judah was such a trouper! Poor thing has a double ear infection and all he got to do the entire trip was stare at the back seat. Some of my favorite memories will be Jonah attempting to get Judah to look at the airplanes our the car window, Jonah's new love for bridges, hearing Jonah sing song after song every he went, and reflecting with David about how this is really the life. I just love those boys so much!


So, after two days of driving (about 15 hours total), we arrived at the Outer Banks at about 4:00pm today. My parents, aunt Penny, and my niece Kelsea had arrived a couple of hours before us. After unloading the car and feeding Judah, we decided to head down for a peek at the ocean. Jonah was too cute. Despite being a bit put off by the amount of sand in his shoes, he loved running away from the incoming tide and he was quite enamored by the "peacocks" flying above us.

Jonah unfortunately spiked a fever later this evening, but after a nap on his "Buckaw" Saylor, he seemed to have regained some energy. I just love watching his excitement over everything he sees. He is seeing so many things for the first time and actually acts as if he is seeing everything for the first time. I feel like this may be another lesson in simplicity...appreciating things in life as if it was the first time to experience it. My toddler may just be becoming one of my best teachers!



3 comments:

  1. So glad to see you guys made it there safely! We might be just slightly jealous! :) We were reflecting last night on our trip with the family back in 2007. Jonah was just trying to crawl then. My how time flies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are having some adventures. Ask your mother if she has caught my sand crab yet.
    Aunt robin

    ReplyDelete