Wednesday, June 10, 2009

How time flies

I am not referring to time flying on vacation. Actually at this point, it seems like we are fitting a lot in and enjoying a lot of activities as well as leisure time. Two years ago, my family vacationed together at the Outer Banks...a house very near to where we are now staying. At that time, Jonah was not even seven months. Today he is 2 years and 7 months. Besides sleeping, crying, and eating, Jonah did very little during that vacation. I believe that I dipped his feet in the ocean and the pool a couple of times and that was about it. Today, Jonah is enjoying several new things every single day. It is so wonderful to watch his discovery. He keeps all of us entertained and laughing. Judah is 6 months old tomorrow. He too sleeps, eats and cries (though much much less than Jonah) most of the time. He has taken a few dips in the pool but other than that he is simply an observer. Time sure flies. I love these days with Judah and with Jonah but watching Jonah grow up, I am well aware that the warnings that I received from others ("don't blink or they will no longer be little") is actually pretty true. Judah will soon be another little toddler running around. I am thankful for reminders of this that allow me to remember to soak in every moment.

Jonah enjoyed building sand castles with his

Memaw and Buckaw Saylor today. Since Judah would have

tried to eat the sand, I decided to keep him with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment