Thursday, June 11, 2009

Aunt Penny and the Blankies

This is my Aunt Penny. She is one of the nicest people you could meet. The reason why this picture is so significant is that Penny is the creator of one of Jonah and Judah's absolute favorite things...their blankies. Penny has likely knitted at least 50 blankies for new babies, many in her own family but also for babies that she may never meet. Penny knitted a beautiful pink blanket for Zoe. I remember that she questioned whether or not she should give me the blanket after Zoe died and I am so glad that she decided to. It is extremely special to me. Penny also knitted a blue blanket, similar to Judah's, for Micah. Since Micah was born in January, he was almost constantly wrapped in his blankie during his 5 weeks with us. I struggled with what to do but decided to send Micah's blankie with him when he was returned to his mother because I thought that he was already attached to it and I had hoped it would provide some sort of comfort for him. I wonder if Micah still has his blanket. Boy do I hope so.(as i am writing this i am reminded that i have pictures of Zoe and Micah's blankets that I will post once i return home) Jonah and Judah both love their blankets and they love their Great Aunt Penny. Interestingly enough, Penny did not decide that she was joining us on this vacation until the week before we left. For at least the month prior to that, Jonah kept asking if Penny was coming to the beach with us...he really wanted her to come with us. He was really excited when she was able to rearrange her schedule to join in on the fun.

Just a couple of pictures today at the beach and that silly Aunt Penny. She has made a habit out of getting herself in the background of others pictures.

2 comments:

  1. Love the beach pictures. And oh how we love Aunt (Grandma) Penny too. We sure have missed her this week while she's been gone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ELI LOVES HIS BLANKET TOO!! (I STILL SLEEP WITH THE BLANKET THAT PENNY MADE ME WHEN I WAS A BABY!)

    ReplyDelete