Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Responses


Responses…
Over the next several days, we received emails from many, many people. People were hurting with us and praying for us. David wanted the emails sent to him because he wanted to protect me from any insensitive responses we might receive. Everyone was really wonderful though. Friends offered to provides meals for us and one friend offered to send us away for a couple of days if we desired it. On Friday, we took him up on the offer. We received beautiful flower arrangements and cards from loving people.

(The email responses have been sitting in my inbox for 4 years now. I have decided to copy a few of the initial emails to this post....and then I will finally feel alright erasing them. They remind me of the love and support by which we were surrounded.)

***Hello, my dear friend,

I hope that you read the email that I sent to David's account this past week. I do love you so much. My heart has been broken since hearing the news from David. You are constantly in my thoughts and prayers. I wanted so much to just drive to Muncie and give you a hug and get back in the car and come back home, but I also wanted to follow your wishes so I restrained. I also didn't do my normal birthday call to you. Just know that like all of the other days you were thought of on that day as well. I celebrate your life. You are a blessing to so many, and God for whatever reason allows for me to be one of them.

I am praying for peace to overwhelm you.

I don't know what really to express in an email. Know that I am here for you always and can be there whenever you need. Let me know when you are feeling like you can handle a visit. You know that I don't have to be entertained. I just want to be a comfort to you, David, and Zoe. What a beautiful name!

I love you!
Mart

***Hi David & Christina,
We hardly know what to say, but you have been in our prayers and thoughts all day and will continue to be so tonight as you're with your family Christina. We love you. We'd be happy to bring a meal tomorrow or Fri or keep Josiah and Hannah if that would be helpful. We love you. Although, we can't understand the depths, we grieve with you now.
Much love,
Jeff & Sarah

***I am so sorry for both you and Christina. The news you just relayedabsolutely sucks. I am so sad for you both. I feel like this is just sounfair!! I know I should say a lot of "godly" things right now, and Iprobably will sometime in the future, but right now, to be completelyhonest, I am angry and mad at God. Tim and I got the email this morning before I left for work. We sat downtogether to pray for you guys. We prayed, but it was so hard to know whatto pray for and how to pray. In my mind and heart, I can't help but ask, haven't you been throughenough?!? It seems so unfair that you would be dealt another horrible hand.I suppose there is a reason and that will manifest somewhere down the line.I just don't see any logical reason for this. You have both tried so hardand waited so long for this precious gift of life. To have the sheer joy ofknowing you were with child be dampened by such a blow must be a realheartache! I really can't say that I understand at all what you are going through;however, I may be able to share in some of your emotions. If you need totalk, write, or just vent, I am here. Thank you for sharing this with us. I just knew something was wrong. Infact, I thought I heard you choke up and almost cry during prayer lastnight. Please do share my concern with Christina as well. I don't have her emailaddress here at work. Hang in there. You both are dearly loved.
Karen D.

***Hey guys, Not much to say except that we are so sorry and will pray for youconstantly. I am home for the next two weeks and would be happy to bringdinner any night or babysit Hannah and Josiah, so please let me know whatyou need. You guys are so special to us and our heart is broken for you.Literally, we both have physical pains imagining what you're going through. Thanks for keeping us informed.
Love, Casey and Jennifer

***Dear David and Christina,
We love you both so much and our hearts are aching for you and with you.
We are so sorry.

You will be in our thoughts and prayers.

Our love,
Keith and Edie

***David & Christina,

I just wanted to say that I've been very broken-hearted since I heard your news. It seems unbelievable to me and I am so very sorry. I love you, I care, and my heart and prayers go out to you. No need to reply.

Love and prayers,

Jenny C.

***David and Christina-you guys have been on my heart so much lately. i just want you to know that you are being prayed for and thought of often.

i really adore both of you and hope you know how pained i am for you right now. i cannot even begin to imagine what you are feeling and going through.

if there is anything i can do, or anything i can specifically pray for, please do let me know.

if there comes a point in time when you would like some company, please don't hesitate to let us know. we can come with games or just come and sit with you in silence. :-) or, of course, you are always welcome here. we can have dinner or ice cream or whatever!!

whatever you take from this email, just know that you are loved are cared about.
Karen D.

***Christina,
I'm so sorry. My heart is breaking with you guys. I am sure that you are going through every range of emotion and your thoughts must be all over the place.I just love the name that you chose for your little girl. Zoe is such a beautiful name! I'm certain that she has a wonderful home inside such an amazing mommy. Again, I'm here for you in any way that you may want or need throughout your pregnancy and beyond. Call or e-mail anytime day or night and know that you can trust that I will just hear you, whatever you may be feeling- good, bad, or ugly.

I love you so much.

I am going to pray for you guys. I love you.

Tonya P.

***Christina,
Thank you for emailing. I have been thinking about you and praying for you
daily. I feel blessed that you have shared Zoe with me through your
thoughts and words. She has an amazing mother and father! I am praying that
God will continue to give you the strength that you need each hour of the
day.

Again, if you need anything, please don't hesitate to ask. I love you both
(actually all 3 of you).

Many blessings,
Jami H.

No comments:

Post a Comment