Monday, August 17, 2009

103 miles....seriously?!

On Saturday, David, his brother (Danny) and his dad (Al) accomplished what bikers call "a century ride". They may be crazy but I sure do love them and they seemed to have such a great time being together for the 7 hours it took them to accomplish the journey. Danny and David and trying to get Nichole and I to take up the sport but I am just not sure that it is my cup of tea! Team Smith took off at 6:30am and the better parts of Team Smith (Nichole and I and the kids) drove up later to beat them to Grandpa's lake house in order to cheer them in. They looked amazingly well when they arrived and Danny and David thought it would be fun to run a few steps and swim a few strokes in order to classify the event as a triathlons! Silly boys!


After the boys arrived, we relaxed by the lake with Grandma and Grandpa Smith for a few hours. As David and Danny said at the end of the day, "it is always difficult leaving". There is something quite relaxing and serene about the lake and with the business of life, trips there are becoming fewer and farther between.



Four generations of Smith males. What a great groups of boys!



2 comments:

  1. Awwww...the lake. I have such fond memories of the lake. I totally agree, it is a great place to relax and rejuvinate! Glad you all had the chance to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Christina!
    David

    ReplyDelete