Friday, July 24, 2009

Judah's Big Morning

David and I awoke at 5:45am. I felt like we were getting ready to go to the hospital to have a baby since that is the last memory I have of waking up that early to go to the hospital. However, there was no baby moving around in my belly when i awoke. Instead, the baby (who didn't look so much like a baby) was laying sound asleep in his crib. Today was Judah's scheduled surgery to have tubes put into his ears. He has had too many ear infections for his age and the doctor felt as if his ears are unable to drain properly on their own. Judah's surgery was scheduled for 7:30am and though they didn't begin until about 7:40, David and I were ushered back to the recovery room by about 7:50. Talk about speedy. Judah was screaming when we came into recovery. He was a bit disoriented and not quite awake. He calmed down as soon as I was able to get him to eat and then before I knew it he was back to his normal smiley self. What a trouper! And now he has been sleeping soundly for the past 3 hours.

1 comment: