Monday, July 27, 2009

11 years and counting...

On Saturday, July 25th, David and I had the privilege of celebrating our 11th anniversary. Wow, I must be getting older because I constantly feel like I am thinking how quickly time flies. And I believe the older I get the faster I will feel like time moves. Generally, on our anniversary, David and I return to the location of our first date, Ivanhoe's (at Taylor U). It may sound informal, but I am a sucker for traditions. This anniversary was a bit different as some of our closest friends, Jeff and Sarah McLaughlin, were playing in Indy at a great restaurant called The Jazz Kitchen. We adore Jeff and Sarah as well as Sarah's music. She is an amazing artist and it was a great way to celebrate our anniversary. David and I strolled through Broadripple after the show enjoying one another's company. We capped off the experience with the best ice cream around..Cold Stone Creamery...Amazing!

What a privilege to be married to my best friend for 11 years! When I think about all that we have gone through together, I can confidently say that there is no other partner that I would choose. He has stood strongly beside me when I have needed him most. He dreams dreams with me and supports me as I move through the highs and lows of life. I not only get the privilege of living with him, raising our boys together, and experiencing life with him, but I also get to work with him in the same field and same location. This may be too much for some but it has been a really, really cool experience for us and I am truly thankful.


Cheers to the next 11years and counting....

No comments:

Post a Comment