Thursday, March 4, 2010

Fun in the Snow...

I have to admit that when the sun was finally shining on Tuesday and the snow was beginning to melt, I felt Spring in the atmosphere and it made me happy. I love seeing the snow fall and I really love being snowed in with my family. I am not a fan of being cold and I am really not a fan of playing in the snow. However, playing in the snow goes along with being a kid and I am sure that it goes along even more with being a boy. So, I am ALWAYS so grateful when people want to take my Jonah out to play in the snow. David has done it a few times. My friend, Sandy, has done it. And on Saturday, Al and Karen invited Jonah over to play in the snow with his cousins, Megan and Sydney. I was certain he would have fun and that he would be well taken care of. Megan and Sydney adore Jonah and both like to "mother" him (even though Megan is only 9 months older than Jonah). Jonah pretty much just sits back and lets them take care of him. It may be that it's a little overwhelming to him, but I must say that it is pretty cute to watch. So, on Saturday, Jonah built his first snowman with Memaw Wenger, Buckaw Smith, Megan and Sydney. When I came to pick him up, Jonah was looking warm and cozy in memaw and buckaw's kitchen where he was scarfing down memaw's freshly baked cinnamon bread. He wasn't sure if he was more excited about the break or more excited to show me his snowman. He showed me the snowman and quickly went back to his cinnamon bread. I guess that's a boy...you work hard...you eat hard.


No comments:

Post a Comment