Wednesday, August 25, 2010

2010 Smith Wenger Michigan Vacation...

July 31 - August 7, 2010, Al and Karen treated their kids and grand kids to a vacation at Lake Michigan. Their were 18 of us and it was our first vacation together. We had so much fun enjoying the beach and the lake which happened to be the warmest it had been in twenty some years. Most days we followed the same routine...beach in the morning, pool in the afternoon, dinner together outside, beach after dinner, kids to bed, adults play cards until lights out...wake up and repeat with slight variations. I love routine so it was perfect for this gal.
I could share thousands of pictures from our vacation, but I will just share these few. I literally do have thousands however. My sister-in-law, Kristen, has an amazing camera, one that I someday hope to have once mine bites the dust. I LOVE photos. I LOVE memories and I believe that photos are such a great way to capture memories and pull them from your subconscious as you get older. I hope that this will prove true for my boys.
Whether it be pictures of Judah after his first bee sting, Jonah and Judah playing around in the sand at the beach in Michigan, watching the sunset in my lap, wearing daddy's swim caps and watching he and Uncle Danny train for their next triathlon in Lake Michigan...each memories is captured in these photos. I realize how much photos mean to me when I recognize that (besides my kids) the one thing that I would want to get out of my house if a fire were to occur would be the back up disks of all of my pictures. I am certain that pictures became more valuable to me after losing Zoe and Micah. I can look at my photo books of them and vividly imagine my time with them and those moments of connecting with those memories are incredibly special to me. So, I will keep taking pictures and keep asking my kids to smile at times when they would rather stick their hands in front of their faces...just for the sake of capturing memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment