Sunday, November 1, 2009

The Mounds Race...

The Smith family spent the day at Mounds State Park in Anderson. The day could not have been more beautiful. David, Danny, Nichole and Al have all been training for a 5 mile cross country race. Before the main event, there is a 1 mile fun run for the kids. At the last minute, David and I decided that I would run the event with Jonah and his cousins. Judah and Noah of course remained in their stroller while Josiah, Hannah, Moses and Jonah "competed" in the race. Jonah is amazing. His energy resembles the Energizer Bunny at times and though he expressed to me that "running races is very hard" he surprisingly ran more than the majority of the mile. I was grateful for the few times where he wanted to walk!
Following the kids' mile, the adults ran their 5 miles in and out of the woods and up and down hills. I stayed with the kids and we somehow ended up handing out water to the runners for most of the race. The kids were adorable and got so excited for the opportunity to hand water to their parents. Danny, Nichole, Al and David all finished and finished well. David even won first place in what he calls "the fat guys division". The official title of course is "the heavy-weight division". I am proud of my "barely" heavy weight champ!

1 comment:

  1. I just love looking at your beautiful pictures. How do you merge them into those grids like that? We're so thankful to know such a wonderful family.

    Love,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete