Thursday, October 29, 2009

Resuming Life Among the Living...

These are true snapshots of what life has been like over much of October. Okay, so maybe we haven't been sleeping the entire month but the house has surely not been as active as it usually is. David has been healthy (fortunately). He has taken up a great deal of the slack that has resulting in my back being out for a couple of weeks followed by an odd week long stomach virus...I do not recommend it! Judah has been teething on top of dealing with an upper respiratory infection followed by a sinus and ear infection. Jonah has had the sniffles but thankfully nothing major. I think that I can honestly say that today was the first day in a long while that the family felt close to normal and oh, how nice it is to be back!
It has been so wonderful to see the energy returning to our home. The music is back and we are dancing and singing again. The drumming...well, it never left but it is bigger than ever now. Our collection of instruments has recently expanded. In the midst of being sick, Jonah managed to meet the goal of staying dry from morning through night! Praise the Lord. I mean that! Some days I wondered if it would ever happen and eventually I sort of gave up and realized that I don't know any normal functioning adults that are not potty-trained therefore I assumed that as some point it would click for Jonah and that it would have little to do with me. I feel like it clicked for him this weekend and on Sunday, we got to make a trip to Toys-R-Us for a new drum...an electric drum pad. It is pretty cool. Jonah obviously loves his new drum set and gave us a concert as soon as we could get it out of the box. He told us that he is going to give us a concert every day. Of course, he has done just that!


No comments:

Post a Comment