Saturday, August 6, 2005

Reunited...

Picking up David from the airport (8-6-05)…
David asked if I would be willing to pick him and some of the other teammates up at the airport. I was happy to pick him up because I was ready to see him. It felt kind of like when we were dating…the thrill of getting to see him after being apart for several days. David arrived at the baggage claim about 15 minutes after I got there. He had the hugest smile on his face, one that definitely said that he was glad to see me. We hugged for a long time. He felt warm and comfortable and safe. He was so sweet telling me how wonderful it was to see me, how much he missed me, and how he realized just how wonderful of a wife I am. We couldn’t be mushy for long because he needed to get his luggage and say goodbye to his team. Besides, we didn’t want to make anyone too uncomfortable.
It was nice knowing that when we arrived home, we would be arriving to an empty house where we could have complete peace and privacy. Danny, Nichole, and the kids left last night with Nichole’s family for a week of vacation. In actuality, they will only be back at our house for about 2 days before they permanently move out and head to seminary in Kentucky. It has been wonderful having all of them at our house, but the privacy and time to adjust before Zoe is born will be good for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment